Pecan Blondie Bars (without the pecan)


 My latest triumph would have to be Brown Butter Blondie Bars. A recipe I swiped from Bakers Royale once again. The recipe on the website was a bit incomplete but was still manageable. My version however, is in no way accurately referred to as Blondie Bars. They were more like biscotti, a name best fitting for it's bewildering dryness that a blondie, the Caucasian cousin of the brownie, is not known for. I have to mention that I did swap a couple of ingredients for lack of ingredients. Instead of using baking soda where it was called for, I substituted it for a triple (?) dose of baking powder. I heard this works fine and I just did not want to buy baking soda. Other than that I used walnuts instead of pecans because they were cheaper and hey, they're nuts too. I realize now that the Biscotti's appropriate dryness may have been caused by the access of baking powder which is understandable. I also notice with my nut substitution that the crunch factor was lacking. If I ever decide to make it again I'll use exactly what the original recipe asked for and a half batch of what I did in this instance to compare. After all, baking is a science.




Ingredients

  • 2 cups flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda   1.5 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, cut into tablespoon sizes
  • 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
  • 1/3 cup granulate sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans  Chopped walnuts
  • 1 cup chocolate chips

  • Having trouble uploading my pictures. Will update soon.









    Comments

    Popular Posts