Godzilla



As far as I can remember, Godzilla was the last movie I've seen. So I think i'll talk about that today. This movie was like no other Godzilla movie I have ever seen or thought I'd be seeing when I went to the movie theater. Besides the visual scenery being about a 100 times better than the last movie I had seen, "Godzilla vs Mothra", the storyline was superior. There are many, oh so many Godzilla movies out there plainly about the mindless distruction Godzilla causes, but this one gave an underlysing sentimentality to to this fire breathing monster. 

I personally give this movie 4 stars. It had a balance of drama, personal impact, and most importantly action. Because any Godzilla fan is obviously watching the movie for the action. The true instigators of destruction provided and nice loop for the storyline and understandable reason for existence of Godzilla onto the surface world. While I cannot give any word to the accountability of the portrayal of the Navy operations, because I myself questioned the actuality of certain pseudo - Navy actions, even though I am a person that knows nothing of the Navy, the one main navy character acted well. Though I find it hard to understand how he was the ONLY soldier to survive EVERY horrible attack or situational mishap and come home to his family safely from the disaster in Japan to the insanity in Hawaii up until pretty much saving the world single handedly. Well, except for the help from Godzilla, the horrifying monster from beyond the dark ages, who ended up making the world safe again. But I guess someone would have to do it since the government was trying to do the irrational yet some how rationally human thing. The idea of attempting to destroy what could have been a race of world massacring  land crawling and flying critters that consume only the most powerful sources of nuclear power with a nuclear weapon, was basic kindergarten math. But it seemed convincing, except again to one soldier. I guess it's like they say, "It only takes one".  

Everyone thinks Godzilla is the major problem in all of this and it really warms the audiences hurt to find out that all he wanted to do was help everyone. Which....is odd. Since when does Godzilla do this? Maybe I'm not educated on this monster enough to know. After all, it has been going on for decades, the legends that is, even from a time before my birth. So how should I know what Godzilla will do. All I can hope for is a sequel to this one. Today's technology really has made this creature into something more than just a legend.   

Comments

Popular Posts