Terrerium

This weeks project was a small terrarium. I had seen a lot of these on Pinterest and they seemed super cute so I thought I'd try it out. I went ahead and looked up some basics on different sorts of containers, plants, soils, drainage necessities, and ornaments that could be added and decided on something rather simple. I made two and will need to improve. The goal is to have a glass factory of tiny oxygen machines all around the house.

I decided to go with succulents. It's always hot around here and these plants are very low maintenances. I'm the sort of person to have a pet plant and it die from neglect of watering so hopefully this will work in my favor. They should only need a light spritzing every now and then. I chose the echeveria plant. The way it looks like a bloomed flower with less excitement is appealing to me in its dainty simplicity. I was going to buy pebbles for drainage and visual appeal but saw they came potted and only bought the plant. This was a foolish idea. Although I had some super cheap glass bowls from the dollar tree nearby, it wasn't enough to make the plant as appealing in the least. But that gives me something to work on. So for my first terrarium I added some of the rocks in my front yard and proceeded to take a mini photoshoot with it as the focal point.


Comments

Popular Posts